Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday - Megan

Wednesday day off post.

Sitting here watching the sun pop in and out of the clouds, filling my apartment with the most brilliant yellows and whites, then back to greys and browns. Listening to (yet another) side project of my utmost favorite musician - he's got a whole lot of side projects, and this is my first time listening to this one. It's simply gorgeous. Then again, I am biased. The man can do no wrong in my opinion.

Breakfast in front of me.... 2 whole eggs scrambled with 1 slice 2% cheese, 2oz turkey deli meat (that was the last of it) and the last of my mini sweet peppers with salsa. Hot black tea with almond milk and a splash of SF vanilla syrup. Water with about 2oz low sugar pink lemonade for flavor. Ladies... if you like black tea... you haven't known black tea until you get PG Tips. It's british. and it's amazing. the tastiest black tea ever - you'll never go back :).....but this scramble is actually kind of gross. I think there's too much salt between the deli meat and the cheese. Noted.

I actually have not legitimately craved sugar in a LONG ASS TIME. WIN!  A small victory if nothing else is going the way I want it to :) I've still had a bit here and there, but the last two nights in a row I've walked past yogurtland around dinner time, and both times gave serious consideration to having it for dinner - and both times thought "eh - it doesn't even really sound that good......" and continued walking. Awesome.

Calm before the storm - I've got a very busy day ahead of me. Hopefully getting to the grocery store, doctor appointment at 1120, training with Brandon and Nicole at 115, massage therapy at 3, hair appointment in northgate at 430. Cutting it all pretty close.

After my extreme frustration and kicking my own ass repeatedly - the going theory is that I could potentially be over training. I didn't have all of the symptoms, but I definitely had a good handful of them. I had a headache for about 9 days straight (and I never get headaches), was having insomnia, constant muscle pain - which is normalish, but mine never subsided. So when you shock your body into such intense training, research shows that it gets all spooked and starts - yes, of course - holding onto fat (out of fear of starvation or something of the like, I am sure - which goes back to our evolutionary biology, and probably some old-brain processes as well)

So, this is frustrating (hey, how many times can I use the word frustrating in one week? hah) - reason being is that I KNOW damn well other people -lots of other people - train this hard. I talked a long time with my good friend Beth who's recently lost a LOT of weight and a LOT of inches, basically went from a size 12 to a 6. I happen to know that she was working out like 2 hours a day too. So I called her up - turns out she's not doing the same type of things I was doing. She said many days she did "easy" activities like the elliptical. 

New plan.
The most frequently suggested method of working out is 3 days on - 1 day off - 2 days on - 1 day off.
Soooo that's what I'll do. and it's actually what I used to do way back when I was on track in the past also. So, it will be Mon off, Tue-Thu on, Fri off, Sat/Sun on. Hopefully this will give my body more time to recover. I was also told not to double up ... which I'm not too happy about. Ultimately though what I am least happy about is that my running has indeed again re-aggrivated my foot. I CANNOT let myself run. I'm basically tethering myself into the apartment to not run. Especially when the sun is out. Been icing again. Going to go buy some more naproxen.

Beth asked me if I was going to run the Seattle half in November. I told her I hadn't thought about it. Well then of course I started thinking about it. What if I ran the whole? I wonder if I could do it? Truth is though i don't think I'll be healed even in time to begin that type of training to be ready by November.

As you've noted, we've been talking about the effect of dairy on the insulin spike. I can tell you that I haven't noticed any cravings or additional hunger with the keeping of dairy. I've toyed with the idea of cutting it out the last couple days , and I want to read more - and I know it keeps with "traditional" Paleo - but I just don't think it's smart for me right now. I don't know. I will share any data I find as I go on.

Work has gotten to the point where I'm basically babysitting a whole bunch of folks and I don't actually use my education or hardly remember it - or learn anything new for that matter. I feel like such an idiot that I can't figure out my own nutrition, yknow? I've got to go back and revisit some texts.

I'm going to ask the doc to check my bloodtype today! Still not sure if I put much stock into the diet-bloodtype thing, but can't hurt looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment