Monday, July 18, 2011

Yuppie. - Megan

My god.

It's finally happened.

I am a late-twenties Seattle yuppie.

I'm drinking sparkling water with lemon. I'm driving to Whole Foods for maximum variety of organic products. I'm turning up my nose at any produce that isn't labeled organic - and paying MUCH more for it. I'm hassling the guy behind the fish counter for the best wild choices. I'm staring in the condiment aisle to find the darkest bottle of olive oil labeled "cold pressed". I'm spending work hours discussing the best butcher to find local, grass fed beef with my office mate - And I get headaches at the same time every day if I don't have my espresso.

Oi.

3 comments:

  1. Bwahahahaha!!!

    Best butcher: silvana meats. It's a bit of a drive (in arlington) but so damn worth it! When I'm home from California, let's take a road trip? Local grass-fed meat, grocery store prices. Amazingly delicious everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a pretty great one right near my house in Madison Valley, but I'm always down for a cousin road trip. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanna go to the butcher Saturday when I'm done with work??
    And...costco often has organic cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil ridiculously cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete